Regular Rate: $115
until February 21, 2013
Late Sign Up: $135
after February 21, 2013
"Intense, rewarding, fun."
—Willie F., Oshawa ON, Canada
"It was an amazing experience. We came into the challenge with a blank slate and left with an unforgettable story."
— Matthew F., Emporia, KS
"This proved to be a fun learning experience - artistically, technically, and scientifically speaking."
— Ashley D., Cochranville, PA
"Be prepared. This is bootcamp."
— Irene H., Tokyo
|International Documentary Challenge
The International Documentary Challenge returns for another year of lightning fast filmmaking February 28 - March 4, 2013. Doc Challenge lets you hit the ground running with your crew of filmmakers in order to shoot and edit a documentary film in just five adrenaline-filled days.
You will walk away from the weekend with new skills, a finished product you are proud to screen and the chance at taking home one of over 20 awards including Best Film, POV Award, DER Award and the Audience Award. There are cash prizes for winners and the top twelve films will screen at the Hot Docs Canadian International Documentary Festival in Toronto in 2013.
It's real life, filmed real fast. -- REGISTER NOW-- Join filmmakers around the world by making a film for the International Documentary Challenge!
What are the requirements?
- Shooting takes place February 28 - March 4 2013
- 4-7 minute non-fiction film
- Follows randomly selected genre
- includes required Theme (revealed at Kick Off)
What are the prizes?
- Best Film Award: $1,500 cash
- American Documentary/POV Award: $1,000 cash (with potential to broadcast on POV)
- DER Award: $1,000 cash (presented by Documentary Educational Resources, DER)
- Audience Award: $500 cash
- Top twleve films screen at Hot Docs. Each finalist receives two industry passes to Hot Docs (an $800 value) and an invitation to the official Doc Challenge reception.
- Find the entire award package on the Judging and Prizes page.
- Additional awards for:
- Best Directing
- Best Editing
- Best Cinematography
- Best Use of Each Genre
Best Use of Elements
Last Updated on Monday, 28 January 2013 17:06